How to find the Old Vicarage, St. Ives.
There are other Old Vicarages in and around St Ives, please use the following information to ensure you know how to find us before you set off. In particular, using Google Maps to take you to 'Old Vicarage St Ives' will take you to Lelant or Towednack! We are doing our best to get this corrected, but until we can please put our Post Code (TR26 2ES) into Google Maps rather than our name.
- Easy route (and quicker in summer):
Leave the A30 for St. Ives, follow the brown signs for the Tate Gallery, turn left after the Leach Pottery into Parc-an-Creet, drive up the hill and we are on the left.
- Scenic/Town route: Take the A30 west through Cornwall to the Lelant roundabout, just west of Hayle
- Take the right-hand lane and second exit for St.Ives (A3074)
- Drive straight ahead at the next two roundabouts
- Driving into St. Ives, you will pass the Bus Station on your right. Continue around and down Tregenna Hill; at the bottom turn sharp left into Gabriel Street (B3306) signposted 'Through Traffic'
- Passing the Royal Cinema on the left, continue up the hill past two mini-roundabouts
- Shortly after the second mini-roundabout turn right into Parc-an-Creet
- Continue up Parc-an-Creet for approx. 200 yards, the entrance to the Old Vicarage is on the left and we have plenty of free parking.
- Take a mainline train for Penzance which stops at St. Erth.
- Change at St. Erth for St. Ives, this branchline is one of the most scenic in the UK.
- At St. Ives station there are ample cheap taxis and buses to the hotel, but do call us if you have any difficulty.
- Alternate route - go direct to Penzance, a taxi from there costs approx. £12.
- National Express coaches come direct to St. Ives and arrive at the Malakoff bus station.
- There are ample cheap taxis and buses available on arrival, but do call us if you have any difficulty.
By GPS / SatNav
Please also note many Satellite Navigation systems will tell you have arrived when only half way up Parc-an-Creet. Please continue to the top of the road where you will see our sign.
|Latitude||N50:12:29 ( 50.208054 )|
|Longitude||W5:29:44 ( -5.495546 )|
Google map with your own route
If you require any assistance with finding the Old Vicarage, please do not hesitate to contact us.